Thursday, July 23, 2009

New To Blogging

Everybody else seems to be blogging these days, so why not give this a try? Most people seem to think little things (or big things) that happen to me are interesting, sometimes at my expense unfortunately. So, why not share with others what is going on in different aspects of my life from day to day.

Sorry if my life bores you and if it does feel free to share with me any ideas you have to make my life more interesting because I am always willing to try something new.

I even finished a book last night which was written about blogging about cooking, "Julie and Julia: My Year of Cooking Dangerously" By: Julie Powell. A movie is about to be released August 7, 2009 based upon this book. It might be a good movie because there are many things in the book that would be quite funny to see. I read this book for my original book club in Savannah that I have been a member of for about a year and a half or more now. Time certainly flies!

Speaking of new things, I joined a new book club recently. It is summertime and I always have managed to read more in the summer than any other time of year since I spend time at the pool and the beach and various other outdoor activities. Also, I have discovered that if you read while you are stuck behind a train it makes the time pass quickly and you can get much more reading done regularly. Especially since I have been known to get stuck behind 3 trains within the past week during one lunch break! I have book club meeting tonight to discuss a book. It is called "Leave it to Cleavage" By: Wendy Wax. This book club decided to pick books that were either about Georgia or the local area of Savannah or else writers that were from the area. No matter what you think this book is about by the title, I bet it is much different than you imagine.

No comments:

Post a Comment