Thursday, January 6, 2011

2011

Not such a great start to the new year. But, perhaps the worst part of the year is already over!

The night before last, my 9 month old foster child was moved to her new adoptive home. I was planning on adopting her, but her medical issues were more than I could handle alone. I never thought anybody could ever be good enough for her, but I was pleasantly shocked. I do not think I could have handpicked a better family for her. They seemed wonderful and I am so happy! She needs somebody to be with her all of the time and she now has a stay at home which is something I would never be able to be if I was adopting her alone. For the past few weeks, she had a playmate in my home.

I was asked to keep her "playmate" while she is in foster care, but wasn't going to be able to keep both for an indefinite time period because having a 7 and 9 month old has been a bit overwhelming to me, especially with the holidays, work, and just life I guess. The 9 month old's worsening medical issues definitely complicated things. Then, all of the time we spent at doctors and hospitals caused me to start catching things and becoming ill at the time I needed my health the most.

Now, that my 9 month old is going to be adopted by another family, I am opening my doors and planning to keep the 7 month old as long as needed. She is a foster child and should be reunified with her biological family in the future.

I guess sometimes in the midst of me trying to take care of everybody else, I need to take care of myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment